Use the back button of your browser to return to this page.
The Olga Patricia Stations Reunion,
London, May 13th, 2006.
Click and find a selection of pics of the reunion of personalities, founding families with guests of the 5-station North Sea offshore radio operation 1966-1967!
Reprint of the "Tour of the Year" leaflet front page, reprinted for the Reunion by the Pierson family.Reprint of the "Tour of the Year" leaflet front page, reprinted for the Reunion by the Pierson family.
1. May 12th, 2006. On our way to the Reunion we went through Green Park tube station and made our way down Piccadilly.
2. The London Hilton in Park Lane, where the late Don Pierson and his family lived the first period of the Olga Project.
3. The door of Hilton's Room 604, the de facto office of Radio England and Britain Radio during the first weeks. The poster on the door indicates that the filming of the documentary of the stations has started.
In Room 605, also used by the operation back in 1966, we now find fellow radio historian Jon Myer of the Pirate Radio Hall of Fame, and the great former Britain Radio/Radio 355 presenter Phil Martin.
4. In Room 605, we also find (l-r)Grey Pierson, son of Don, and SRE "Boss Jocks" Rick Randall and Larry Dean, with another radio historian, Norwegian svennam in-between.
5. We take a trip around the former "radio spots" of Mayfair, and start with 38 Hertford Street, the former London office of "208" Radio Luxembourg.
6. Chesterfield Gardens, sound familar?
7. Yes, the former Caroline House!
8. Over to "Pirate alley" in Curzon Street.
9. A famous address 1964-1967: 17 Curzon Street, home of Wonderful Radio London, also founded by Don Pierson.
10. Also a famous address in 1966: 32 Curzon Street, home of Swinging Radio England and Britain Radio, founded by Don Pierson. The twin stations' first Managing Director the late Bill Vick, lived with his familiy on the upper floor of this building.
11. We also find Berkeley Street...
12. 17 Berkeley Street, the office of Pearl and Dean's Radiovision Broadcast International, from November 1966 also the HQ of Britain Radio.
13.May 13th, 2006: 32 Curzon Street, with Roger Day and John Ross-Barnard entering once again. Larry Dean looking(l)together with some members of Bill Vick's family(r)
14. Phil Martin, Rick Randall and John Ross-Barnard inside 32 Curzon.
15. Roger Day in 32 Curzon back garden, with old friend.
16. We make our way to the Reunion festvities in Mayfair's Red Lion Pub.
17. The MC of the evening: the great Roger Day!
18. Dave MacKay and John "Boss-Farmyard" discussing old times.
19. "The Larry Dean show".
20. Rick Randall is interviewed by Roger.
21. Phil Martin is interviewed by Roger.
22. He's here! He's on! Sir Johnnie Walker!
23. Radio England/Britain Radio stuff on the Pirate Radio Hall of Fame site 1.
24. Radio England/Britain Radio stuff on the Pirate Radio Hall of Fame site 2.
25. Reunion pictures on the Pirate Radio Hall of Fame site.
26. Radio England on Offshore Echo's site.
27. Britain Radio England on Bob Leroi's site.
28. Reunion pictures on the Radio London site.
Picture: "The Olga Patricia" broadcasting in 1967 as Radio 355 and Radio 227 under the leadership of Ted Allbeury and Tony Windsor. From the late Andre Blondeau's collection via Offshore Echo's.
All rights reserved:
Copyright Northern Star Media 1966-2013.